Why use Rez-Connect to connect to GDS?
- Position your hotel in front of travel agents who book over $10 billion in hotel revenue per year, and who generally make higher-than-average daily rate bookings
- Get greater exposure for your property through public, negotiated, and Consortia business
Greater Booking Potential
- Become the preferred choice of travel agents as they select the right properties for their clients
- Use a global platform reaching over 700,000+ travel agents as the preferred method for negotiated and Consortia corporate business
- Enjoy distributed public, negotiated, and Consortia rates
- Get listed in each program directory and website with a special rate access code via GDS
- Enjoy special imagery to display your hotel in its best light
- Receive updated product information in real-time
- Reap the benefits of reaching a larger guest audience via GDS preferred status with travel agencies for booking corporate travellers
The GDS channels
Amadeus connects with 421,000+ unique hotel properties, and brings independent and small-chain hotels to the multi-GDS and online travel community.
Sabre GDS system is the connect between travel service buyers and sellers. The system is supported by 125,000 hotels, and is connected to more than 400,000 travel agents worldwide who serve end-clients.
Travelport-Galileo and WorldSpan
Over 650,000 hotel properties connect through Travelport, i.e., Galileo and WorldSpan, to travel agencies in over 180 countries, delivering branded content and targeted promotions to global travel buyers.
Consortia and TMCs
Consortia and TMCs (Travel Management Companies) are large groups of Travel Agencies (TAs) often driven by multi-national companies that have joined together to form a Consortia. Originally started to assist smaller TAs, Consortia have grown dramatically and have become major players in the travel industry.
By joining Consortia and TMCs, TAs can increase the effectiveness of their marketing to their customers by offering competitive rates at hotels worldwide. TAs may operate under one global name, i.e. ABC Corporate Services, or may operate independently while using Consortia relationships and tools.
By participating in Consortia and RFP Services, your RFP process becomes more streamlined and effective because you won’t have to spend valuable time responding to bids, worrying about missed deadlines, or dealing with incomplete RFPs.
Each program has a list of requirements and fees for participation, but the standard requirements may include:
- A minimum of 10% off the lowest single published rate
- Rate parity among all programs
- Last room availability guarantee
- 10% commission
- All rates quoted are to be guaranteed for the entire year starting from January 1 – December 31, unless otherwise noted
Hotel benefits from Consortia and TMCs
- Increased Visibility. Your hotel will be listed in each program directory and website, and will have a special rate access code through the GDS
- Greater Booking Potential. Travel agents look first at participant hotels when selecting the right property for their clients
- Increased Revenue. These same travel agents generally make higher than average daily rate bookings
- New Marketing Opportunities. Each program contains several opportunities to generate exposure, eventually leading to increased revenue
Why partner with Rez-Connect?
- A unique “a la carte” list of Consortia and TMCs for our GDS properties for participation for the following year
- The opportunity to submit bids to 20+ Consortia and TMCs
- Lanyon License and Direct Access to all Consortia and TMC RFPs for one flat fee
- Assurance that your Lanyon property profile and consortia rates are accurately set for bids
- Release and response to all selected Consortia and TMC programs on your behalf
- Centralized program invoicing — all programs, one invoice
- Data management and rate mapping in GDS or Rez-Connect CRS for all Consortia and TMC rates submitted
- An dedicated Customer Service Manager to deal with RFPs on your behalf